Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pro Tools HD 9 or Logic Pro 9

So, I have read a lot of people asking questions around forums on weather to choose ProTools or Logic.

I have been working in both over the past month and there are many differences I suppose, the first obvious one is the ease of use, Logic has a much much easier interface as you can see in the screen shot below...

So the ease of use in Logic is much easier as opposed to the ease of use in ProTools HD 9 (Which is what I am using) here is a screen shot of ProTools HD 9's main user interface ...


As you can see from the two screenshots above, the user interface is much different, if you are just getting into music recording and music production, I would highly recommend Logic Pro 9 or even Logic Express! Logic is much much easier to use than ProTools. 

Placing plugins into Logic is much much easier than placing plugins into ProTools. Ill show you a basic "Mixer" look at the two programs with plugins on the tracks as well as the pop out window to install the plugins...

Logic...




ProTools....

Open those two pictures into a larger window and compare the two, Im not to sure which one LOOKS easier but believe me, Logic Pro, in comparison is much much easier.

In the next week, I will try to remember to create two comparison videos of the two programs! stay updated!!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment